Saturday, January 30, 2016

ALL THINGS BLACKNESS



There are a few things I'd like to confirm for you since we get an extra day of Black History Month in 2016.  They will also apply when we go back to a 28 day February.  Also, feel free to follow links to the supporting testimony that pictures and prose below will bring you to.



Yes, BLACK LIVES MATTER and THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES so sometimes it is necessary to take to the streets and remind the world.


Yes, BLACK GIRLS ARE MAGIC.





Yes, BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL.




Yes, I fully believe in and celebrate BLACK EXCELLENCE.






Yes, NATURAL HAIR IS GOOD HAIR.





Yes, WE NEED DIVERSE BOOKS.  I repeat, WE NEED DIVERSE BOOKS.





Yes, BLACK VOTES ARE CRITICAL.





Yes, BLACK COOL NEVER GOES OUT OUT STYLE.





YES, I don't care if you think I'm hotep or conscious or a cornball brotha or whatever. And it's none of my concern if you only celebrate BLACK HISTORY MONTH in February. I embrace it, and black icons such as those depicted directly above for a drop in the bucket of praiseworthy examples, 365 days per year - every year.


Peak Blackity Blackness courtesy of Marvel and Hollywoodland






But let us never forget that long before Wakanda there was Zamunda, courtesy of a movie directed by John Landis of all people.



No comments:

Post a Comment