Saturday, January 1, 2011

Books of 2010



Happy New Year! Hopefully 2011 will be a fantasic year for all of us. I didn't make resolutions for my plan is established and needs not be scribbled down on a piece of paper, soon to be misplaced along with my intent to follow through on most of the items. For me, 2011 will be about finishing typing up the first draft of my second novel Matters of Convenience, getting some editorial feedback while tightening it up in subsequent drafts, and once I've deemed it good to go, literary agents can expect to hear from me. I'll also have my thinking cap on this year to come up with an idea/outline for novel number three. And hopefully I'll be able to create more public awareness about novel number one - Patches of Grey. My hands will be more than full with literary goals, helping out with my wife's blossoming Etsy business however I can, and the general business of living my life and raising a daughter who is growing up far too quickly.


Something else I'd like to do in 2011 is get to my blog a bit more consistently, though I'm making no promises. Posting an entry in the first week of the year is a notable start, even if I had originally planned to post it before the ball dropped and the calendar moved. One of my favorite things about the end of each year are the lists that people put out, usually Best Of compliations. So I decided to compile my reviews of novels read in 2010. If I was one of those people capable of reading a new book every few days, I would have happily presented you with the top ten. Since my pace is considerably slower than that, I'm providing the whole shebang. Note that I'm not a book blogger who is focussed only on new publications. You will find titles that just recently hit the shelves mixed in with ones that have been around for awhile. Perhaps the reviews will steer you towards or away from some of these works, or you may simply enjoy reading what I had to say about them. As always, I love to hear from my readers so please don't be shy about leaving a comment. If you've read any of these novels let me know if you agree with what I had to say, or if you felt differently. In addition to my passion for both reading and writing, I also love to have discussions about books, to contemplate beyond the turning of the final page how they touched my life, and perhaps come to see them in a new light through the eyes of others.


Clicking on the name/author of each book will take you to the review I penned for it at GoodReads.com. Happy Reading!























1 comment: