Monday, July 7, 2008

Why I love the game




I don't have too much to say about the championship match at Wimbledon between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. Some sights I am fortunate enough to behold are simply beyond my power to adequately describe with words. I'll simply state that this match demonstrated all the reasons why I love tennis, love sports in general, and why I am in awe of those rarest of champions who actually deserve to be described by the most overused term in sports - WARRIOR. And let me not forget to bow down to those inspirational Williams sisters who prove the many naysayers (I won't get into my theory on why their continued prowess is doubted. Only the color blind should have any trouble figuring it out) so very wrong time and time again. They do it their way and will eventually leave the sport with no regrets and a whole bunch of trophies. Kudos to four incredible athletes with plenty of spectacular tennis left to display.


No comments:

Post a Comment