Wednesday, June 22, 2022

BookTok


 


My newest social media obsession is TikTok. I avoided it for the longest because I didn't see the point of an endless stream of super short videos. I still don't. The pointlessness is the point. So now along with countless videos of zits being popped, young women shaking their money makers, snippets from stand-up comedians, silly gag reels and whatever else is on there, you'll also find some non-prize winning videos of mine. They are all book related for starters, which puts my account in the esteemed subset of BookTok. I don't think I'll branch out much beyond that, but one never knows. They don't feature me trying to be entertaining. Not yet anyway. If you wish to see videos that I star in you'll need to head on over to Roy's Book Reviews on YouTube. My BookTok videos are...  You know what - rather than me trying to explain them it would be easier if you just checked a couple out. See below for some examples. Enjoy the show!


@mudhousebooks Stop by my #booktube channel to hear my thoughts on a diverse selection of books. #RoysBookReviews ♬ Levitating - Dua Lipa
@mudhousebooks #BookTok #bookworm ♬ My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow
@mudhousebooks Somehow somewhere at some time a bunch of great books have been banned by someone. Make it make sense. Here are some of my favorite #bannedbooks - #booktok ♬ Make No Sense - YoungBoy Never Broke Again
@mudhousebooks #BookTok #FirstLines ♬ Start Me Up - The Rolling Clones featuring Jimmy Lee
@mudhousebooks

So let it be written, so let it be read

♬ Lightning - St4bility
@mudhousebooks

Quotations from Matters of Convenience, Patches of Grey, and Feeding the Squirrels - by Roy L. Pickering Jr.

♬ No Ordinary Love - Sade
@mudhousebooks

Words from books by Roy L. Pickering Jr.

♬ Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
@mudhousebooks Check out what I had to say about 5 great books at Shepherd.com. Actually 6 with Patches of Grey included. Happy reading! #booktok ♬ Baby I'm a Star - Prince
Unfortunately some bad often comes along with the good. If you thought nothing negative could result from BookTok, you thought wrong.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment